Saturday, February 16, 2008

faster


faster, originally uploaded by getawayplans.

there's so much to say that it's all crowding at the gate. a traffic jam of thoughts. multi-thought pile-up on synapse 1-all. take alternate route if available.

i worry about the economy, the jobless rate, foreclosures, and the fast-falling dollar. i worry about my clients- how they'll provide for their families, afford their medications, make it through the next week (much less the next month). where will they go when the sheriff sale is over? i worry after my friends- how they'll keep holding up against the preassures of academia, get through the existential crisis that is our twenties, and avoid the pull of eternal cynicism? i worry about myself- the decisions i make, my shoulder, my relationship with my family, and my bank account. am i just fooling myself here? am i being too selfish?
i think the saying goes that if you aren't worried, you aren't paying attention.

then i go see J. the door closes and for a few hours, everything else falls away. i smile so hard my face hurts and J doesn't seem to mind that i'm a dork 85.7% of the time. J pretty much hung the moon. i can't prove it yet, but i'm close.

No comments: